Saturday, August 20, 2011

Turtles

I don’t live in a world where turtles pile on each others backs to hold us up. We have the internet and smart phones. And all the turtles, going all the way down, are things to talk about at dinner to show that you read books. And everyone knows what everyone means and everyone I know has a twitter page and that’s how I know them now. And kids don’t believe in love and adults believe in movie love. And I wonder how we can have a relationship if I know someday I will no longer want to fuck you and you’ll think that means I don’t love you, but it
doesn’t. and every one thinks no one else is scared or embarrassed by who they are. Except on the internet where sometimes people say that but they aren’t them anymore, although I guess that line is blurring, so maybe that’s what all the confusion is about. And everyone is online shopping for husbands and girl friends and prom shoes and tits and I can’t help but think boys are learning while we are doing our hair. They are good at trivial pursuit and jeopardy. I tried to google the percentage of female jeopardy champions and black champions and all I could come up with was a blog called men are better then women, a geocities site that used the word oriental to describe asian contestants and a white power website. If you don’t believe that racism exists look at the aol comment section in any news story. If you want to see how we think of women google the word girl. You will find lots of hot and sexy ones.

No comments: